Antique 1830 SETH THOMAS Plymouth Conn. Pillar & Splat Wood Works Mantel Clock
Here is a recent estate find. This is a Rare Antique 1830's Early American Footed Pillar and Splat Column Mantel Shelf Clock, made by The Seth Thomas Clock Company Plymouth Conn. This Has an Ornate Carved Victorian Mahogany Wooden Case with Lions Paw Feet and Carved Patriotic Eagle Finial Topper, with. This Has a Reverse Painted Glass Lower Tablet with Victorian Floral Flower Basket Design, and Original Wavy Glass Top Tablet. This Has The Original Painted Wooden Dial with Gold Gilded Designs and Painted Floral in the Corners, and Original "Seth Thomas" Makers Label Inside!
This is Large and Measures approx. 29 3/4" Tall x 17" Wide x 5 1/2 Deep. The Clock has a Patented "Eli Terry" Seth Thomas Wooden Works Mechanical Wind-Up Weight Driven Movement with Cast Iron Bell Chime.
This Has 2 Winding Arbors and Includes the Brass Adjustable Pendulum, Winding Key, and Weights. This Clock is in Good Original Condition, but Has Been Sitting a Long Time. It Will Need Lube Adjustments, or Attention To Run Correctly. The Case is In Good Original Condition, as Pictured, with a Wonderful Aged Patina! The Door Lock is Missing, Otherwise Fine, Condition As Pictured.
This will make a Stunning addition to your Home or Clock Collection, and Great Restoration Project!!! Don't pass this one up! Check out my other Rare Clocks! The item "Antique 1830 SETH THOMAS Plymouth Conn. Pillar & Splat Wood Works Mantel Clock" is in sale since Saturday, May 25, 2019.
This item is in the category "Collectibles\Clocks\Antique (Pre-1930)\Shelf, Mantel". The seller is "rmagiccds" and is located in Sandown, New Hampshire. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Eli Terry: Patented Eli Terry Wood Works Movement
- Country of Manufacture: United States
- Age: 1830's
- Reverse Painted Glass Tablet: Colorful Victorian Floral Flower Design
- Featured Refinements: Antique Pillar Column and Splat Clock
- Modified Item: No
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
- Working: Being Sold For Parts, Restoration or Repairs
- Style: Early American Victorian Americana Pillar & Splat
- Maker Manufacturer Company: Seth Thomas Plymouth Conn. USA
- Glass: Original Wavy Glass
- Finial: Carved Patriotic Eagle Finial Topper
- Dial: Painted Wood Dial with Floral Designs
- Chime: Cast Iron Bell Chime
- Case: Mahogany Ogee Case w/ Reverse Painted Glass Tablet
- Clock Movement: Wood Works Weight Driven Movement
- Size: 29 3/4" Tall x 17" Wide x 5 1/2" Deep
- Brand: Seth Thomas
- Clock Type: Footed Mantel Shelf Clock